By: Dana Rozansky
When we think of October, we generally think of pumpkin patches, crazy costumes and trick or treating. This October, however, there’s much more going on than your average helping of fun-sized Twix and Milky Ways. Since we’re oh so generous, we figured we’d let you in on some of the best events & places for bites, booze and boogying this October.
So here’s what you’ve got to do, in three simple steps:
Read this roundup
Mark your calendars
Prepare for food & drink frenzies galore.
See y’all there!
Chef Jeff McInnis and Chef Janine Booth of The Sarsaparilla Club are hosting the first annual Strong Will Benefit. In an effort to raise money for a dear friend, South Florida local favorite chefs along with McInnis and Booth will showcase their talents in the outside patio dining area of The Sarsaparilla Club stretching alongside the iconic Shelborne Wyndham Grand pool.
The Sarsaparilla Club
1 18th Street
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Fri, October 21, 2016
6:00 PM – 10:00 PM (VIP)
7- 10 (GA)
In addition to supporting someone in need, this event will including tastings from some of Miami’s best chefs including Timon Balloo (Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill & Bocce), Josh Gripper & Adonay Berns Tafur (The Dutch Miami), Phil Bryant (The Local), Eli Jackson (STK), Brian Nasajon (Beaker and Gray), Janine Denetdeel (TALDE), Jason Bamford (Bianca at the Delano), Nicole Votano (DIRT), Cindy Lou (Cindy Lous Cookies), Michael Saperstein (The Rebel House), John Suley (Royal Caribbean), along with a beer garden presented by Wynwood Brewing Co! Cocktails by Davit Ortiz (Republic National Distributing Company) & Robert Ortenzio (Naiyara). Plus, there will be ping pong!
GA Tix: $75
VIP Tix: $125
The 4th annual South Beach Seafood Festival brings together some of Miami’s finest seafood restaurants on the sands of South Beach for one day only. Brought to you by Kendall Jackson, presented by Jack Daniels, Breakthru Beverage, GOYA, and hosted by Coca-Cola, this festival will serve up a variety of delicious items such as Stone Crabs, Lobster Waffle Cones, Steak & Lobster Skewers, Shrimp Tacos, Oysters, Shrimp Cocktail, Crab Cakes, Lobster Mac ‘N Cheese and more.
& Ocean Drive
Saturday, October 22
12:00 PM – 7:00 PM
VIP Ticket Extended
This festival features pop up cafes from the likes of Joe’s Stone Crabs, Naked Taco, Red, the Steakhouse, CJs Crab Shack, Drunken Dragon, A Fish Called Avalon, Naiyara, Poseidon, Toro Toro, Trulucks, and more. Together, 17 restaurants will be serving you right on the sand – it’s four blocks of fun to be exact. In addition to all of the amazing participating restaurants, the Seafood Festival also features an all-day open bar available at any of the 30+ added bar locations (both for general admission & VIP ticket holders).
(USE CODE MFP20 FOR 20% OFF EITHER TICKET OPTION)
GA Tix – $35
- Entrance into the festival grounds
- Access to Open Bar from 12-7PM at any of the 30+ Bar Stations and Beer Garden
- Access to Jack Daniel’s Beach Club, Main Stage LIVE, and Whole Foods Demo Zone
- Access to all café’s of Miami’s finest seafood restaurants and dessert stations
VIP Tix– $150
- Entrance into the VIP Hospitality Village
- $20 worth of food vouchers to use at any participating festival restaurants and dessert stations
- Premiere sampling in VIP from GOYA, Celebrity Cruises, and Papa’s Raw Bar
- Entrance into GOYA’s Culinary Pavilion featuring all day private DJ Dance party, shade, lounges, and private bars featuring the best of La Crema, Jack Daniels, Herradura, Finlandia, and more.
- A Private Line in VIP to order from Joe’s Stone Crab’s café and Ralph Pagano’s Naked Zone
- A showcase Herradura experience in Casa Herradura inside VIP Hospitality Village featuring unique tastings throughout the day
- Entertainment throughout the day by performers from the ships of Celebrity Cruises
- Event host, Kendall Jackson and La Crema, will have a one-of-a-kind sensory garden only available in VIP Hospitality Village, where they will be transplanting their Sonoma garden tour onto the sands where guests will literally be walked through a private experience, sampling potted fruits and tasting the wines that are made from these fruits.
Extended hours just for VIP! The Final VIP added benefit for 2016 will be the extended hours keeping the party going into the night. The festival grounds will close at 7pm, but the GOYA Culinary Pavilion inside VIP Hospitality Village with the featured DJs and Showcased Bars will stay open until 11PM, so you can dance the night away.
Baoli Miami hosts a Halloween Party that is not to be missed. This Halloween, Baoli invites you to enter a place inspired by the world of Alice, Malice in Wonderland. On October 26, tap into your inner psyche by stepping into Alice’s fantasy world. Inspired by Lewis Carroll’s infamous literary book, where the phenomena of the real world mixes with the unconscious state, this night is sure to be filled with nonsensical hallucinations and extraordinary cuisines.
1906 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
October 26, 2016
Fueled by fantasy and imagination, guests will be welcomed with jaw dropping entertainment based on the characters of Alice’s dreams and thoughts. From the White Rabbit and Queen of Hearts going mad around the party, to a special aerial appearance in the garden from Malice herself, participants will encounter a wonderland affair. Dining like the characters of the Mad Hatter’s table, the event will also feature an exclusive, carefully curated three-course prix-fixe menu featuring Baoli’s signature Mediterranean inspired Asian cuisine.
General Admission: $80
At The Door: $100
Open Bar: $150